Thursday, January 29, 2009

Speaking of Fonts...

For our project right now: I'm trying to find an ideal font that is right in the middle of a sans serif and a serif... Something that says HEY I'm a vintage font thats cool but not to ornate cause I still get the point across...

any suggestions?

:)

3 comments:

  1. That's tricky, because fonts with some of that sans/serif hybrid feel, like Meta, Officina, and Thesis Mix, are all contemporary, and really nice, but not at all vintage. You're sure you don't like your body copy in a serif?
    Maybe check out Fertigo, or Fontin, by that designer I mentioned in my other post. They're both kind of clean and calligraphic-inspired.
    http://www.josbuivenga.demon.nl/fertigo.html
    http://www.josbuivenga.demon.nl/fontin.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Thesis (De Groot) Mix is the most suitable of the mentioned above, but maybe hard to get for free. You could try other options suggested by Kathleen and bring them to discuss in class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for all the help!

    i really like fertigo... it seems to be working well

    ReplyDelete